This spicy stew preparation has sesame and poppy flavours infused with tangy tomato goodness. It lends itself brilliantly as an accompaniment to most meals. Perfect for winter evenings, this Kolhapuri delicacy can be enjoyed on its own as well. Traditionally, Kolhapuri ‘mutton tat’ (thali) contains tambda rassa, pandhra rassa, sukka mutton, bhakari and rice with onion and tomato salad. Bold & spicy, vibrant & robust, highly aromatic, rich & flavourful - it truly lives up to the rich culture & ancient history of this wonderful town.
Ingredients: 500g Mutton/Chicken. 1 medium size tomato, 1 medium size onion, 1 tbsp Oil (approx 20ml), 8-10 Garlic cloves, 1/2 inch Ginger (4g), 25g Prakash Kolhapuri Tambada Rassa Masala (entire packet), 4 cup (600ml) water, salt to taste. *(1 Cup = 150 ml)
Method for preparation of Tambada Rassa:
1) Take 5ml oil in pressure cooker, add garlic-ginger paste and chopped tomato, chopped onion, and Mutton/Chicken with salt and water. After cooking, separate the stock and cooked mutton/chicken.
2) Mix Prakash Tambada Rassa Masala (entire packet) in 50ml of water and keep it aside for 2 min.
3) Take 20ml oil in kadhai, add above masala, and cook for 5 min. till oil separates
4) Add stock and boil for 5-10 min. This is Tambada Rassa.
5) For cooked Mutton/Chicken, prepare Kolhapuri Mutton Sukka/Chicken Sukka using Prakash Kolhapuri Mutton/Chicken Sukka Masala.
Tip: You can also use Tambada Rassa Masala for making vegetable rassa as the packaged masala is 100% vegetarian. (Use Akkha Masoor stock)