Bharli vangi or stuffed brinjals is a regular at Maharashtrian homes. This recipe is age-old and uses ground nuts and sesame seeds. Sesame, coconut and our special spice blend come together to create this Kolhapuri favourite. It goes well with chapati, rice and even bread.
Ingredients: Eggplants 250g, Coconut 30g, Roasted Groundnut 50g, 2 Chopped Oinon, 1 Spoon Sesame Seeds, Garlic 10 clove, 1/2 inch Ginger, PrakhasKolhapuriBharali Wangi Masala, Salt as per taste, Coriander fresh, 1 Cup* water (250ml.) *(1 Cup = 150 ml)
Method for preparation of paste:
1) Slit baby eggplants lengthwise
2) Roast Coconut till golden brown and grind the coconut, roasted groundnut, Bharli vangi masala, sesame, Salt, Garlic and Ginger in mixer.
3) Stuff masala in Eggplants
4) In Vessel add 50ml oil, add a pinch of Hing, Cumin, Chopped Onion, Stuffed Wangi and Remaining masala cover the wolk and cook for 5 min. Add 250ml water and cook for 5 min.
5) Switch off the gas and serve hot with Chapati, Bhakari or Rice.